Experienced advisors on public and private M&A transactions across a wide range of sectors including technology, financial services, and agriculture.
The M&A Corporate team has extensive experience advising on public and private M&A transactions across a wide range of sectors. We have a particular focus on assisting with cross-border transactions, and we have a strong understanding of the challenges unique to international clients, including navigating New Zealand’s overseas investment regime and obtaining consent where required.
Advising clients with respect to New Zealand M&A, whether small New Zealand deals or large global transactions with a New Zealand link, including;
- Drafting and negotiating asset/share sale and purchase agreements
- Undertaking legal due diligence (both purchaser and vendor due diligence)
- Joint ventures, minority Investments and strategic alliances, including drafting and negotiations subscription agreements and shareholders’ agreements
- Statutory approvals (overseas investment; competition / anti-trust)
- Transaction structuring
- Private equity transactions and capital raising
Assisting in respect of public M&A, including:
- Target preparation and reaction
- Takeover offers
- Obtaining exemptions from the Takeovers Panel
- Advice to independent directors
- Advice to takeover offer recipients
David Quigg was a member of the New Zealand Takeovers Panel for a number of years.